Blueberry French Toast Casserole
This casserole is best to make a big batch. Multiply the ingredients by the number of serving you would like to make. The trick to this French toast casserole is to prepare it and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. You can even prep it the night before and let it sit overnight. Just make sure not to put a cold casserole dish in the oven because it will crack. Bring it up to room temp first.
- Bread (Whole Grain) -2 Slice(s)
- Egg (Uncooked) - 3 Large Egg(s)
- Vanilla Almond Milk (Unsweetened) - 0.33 Cup
- Honey - 3.00 teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract - 1.00 teaspoon
- Cinnamon- .50 teaspoon
- Blueberries - 0.5 Cup
- Canola or Vegetable Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Gently wash and dry blueberries.
- Cut your bread into cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon depending on how big your batch is and your flavor preference.
- Grease a baking dish with canola or vegetable oil. Layer bread on the bottom of the baking dish and pour liquid on top. Press the bread down into the mixture to make sure it is all fully coated.
- Let this mixture sit for 30 minutes or more.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- When the bread is nice and moist, you are ready to mix in the blueberries. Stir them in gently.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until there is no more runny liquid.
- Let the casserole cool a little before cutting, then enjoy.