Beef and Sweet Potato Hash with EggsThis breakfast is worth the work. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, don’t worry. You can make adjustments and make this in a regular skillet on the stovetop.
- Sweet Potatoes - 1.5 Medium Potatoes
- Ground Beef (Uncooked) - 3 ounce
- Red Onion - 0.33 cup chopped
- Egg (Uncooked) - 2 Large Eggs
- Bread (Whole Grain) - 1 slice
- Green Onion - 2 tablespoon
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash, dry and chop sweet potatoes, red onion and green onion. Make sure the sweet potatoes are in small 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and season with salt, pepper and any other spice you like. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Once the pan is warm add the ground beef, stirring frequently to break apart. Season with salt and pepper. If you like to add heat, red pepper flakes are a great addition to the beef.
- When it is about 75% browned, add the red onions and continue cooking. Remove from heat and set aside until the potatoes are done.
- Once the potatoes are softened and browned, transfer them to the beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Create a few small dents or wells on the top of the mixture. This is where you will crack each egg. Carefully crack the eggs into the spaces.
- Put the entire skillet in the 400 degree F oven to bake the eggs to your preference, about 6-10 minutes. If you don't have a cast iron skillet that can go directly in the oven, you can cook the eggs by covering the skillet and cooking over medium-low heat until the eggs are done.
- The eggs are ready when the whites are no longer runny.
- Serve with toast.
POST SPONSORED BY